Tuesday 21 February 2012

Slimosophy - the beginning.

Slimosophy - the core beliefs required to live a fit and healthy life. A slim, healthy, vibrant and energetic body is a result of this philosophy.

This blog has been a long time in the making - in my mind and in my soul - bubbling away deep within until it became obvious what I needed to do. Lately I've had a series of events occur including meeting a couple of VERY inspirational ladies and as a result my creative energies were positively overflowing. As a consequence of reflection on these events, my new but dear friend inspired me to turn my passion to help others realise their own health and happiness into a blog. So here I am. 

Before I start, I must say - I'm nervous! I don't profess to have all the answers or to be perfect. As my profile information states - I'm not a qualified nutritionist or personal trainer, but I'm a qualified fat girl turned fit girl, so this is the basis of my knowledge that I'm sharing with you.

Before you ask - this is nothing new - there is nothing radically different I'm telling you here, no new approach to getting healthy. My aim is simply to try and help you change your self-perception and to change fat habits into fit habits, and to help you learn to listen to, nurture, and nourish your body.


I'll leave it there for now, more tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah,

    Will watch with interest. Am starting my own journey, again. 4 weeks in, have lost 5.2kg but at least 40kg to go. Will add you to my favourites and visit to see how the blog is going, think it is wonderful that you are sharing your experiences.
    Ta
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing Teresa! Enjoy the process of recreating yourself - that is - creating who you want to be in every aspect of your life - because when you change your health and quality of life by looking after yourself better and losing excess weight, you open up possibilities in your mind that you never dreamed possible before! Go get 'em!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great work Sarah, you have found a way to make it work for you. I think thats what all unfit and fat people have to do to help improve there lives. Just find something that works for them.

      I wished I had done this sooner. I am winning my own fit and slim battle now but in my mid 50's. I've lost 23 kgs and have another 14 to go. Exercise has opened up a whole new world of health, hope and happiness for me as I get stronger every day. I have finally learned to love myself and be less critical or judgemental of others. It is so liberating.

      Delete
    2. Hi there,
      Thank you for sharing your story - 23kgs is a massive amount to lose - don't forget that on your own journey! I always would look at weights of products in shops and just imagine what it would be like carrying that around again on me! Exercise also is an amazing uplifting hobby that is such a confidence builder - many small steps will get you there! Good job - keep it up! I especially love your last two lines - "I have finally learned to love myself and to be less critical or judgemental of others. It is so liberating." Awesome stuff!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a message! I really love hearing about you and your experiences!